Sept. 21, 2009
As the 2010 softball season approaches, SoonerSports.com introduces a new weekly feature entitled 20 Random Facts with the Oklahoma softball team. Get to know the players through their own words. Which Sooner owns a dachshund named Wubbie? And can you guess which freshman put too much detergent in the washing machine during her first attempt at on-campus laundry? Check back every Monday for a new segment. It all leads up to the start of the Sooners' run at another Big 12 Championship this February.
Krystle Huey | Junior | Garland, Texas
- I love to sing in the shower and act like I'm singing at a concert!
- I can watch a music video a couple of times and know the choreography to it by the next time I see it.
- I have a small case of OCD. I have to lotion my hands at least four times a day. When I cook things have to be put in a certain order, and my clothes in my closet are put in color order.
- I send maybe 1,000 text messages a day
- I have a nine year-old adopted little brother.
- I got my 12 year-old molars when I was a sophomore in high school
- I'm really good a Sudoku puzzles
- Basketball is my favorite sport. I would probably be playing that if I was taller.
- I use to be a cheerleader and I LOVE to tumble.
- I was terrified of flying but now I love it! It's very relaxing.
- I am a very good cartoon drawer. I normally draw when I'm frustrated or stressed.
- My entire family played softball at some point in their life.
- I love the number 10. It is a family number that's been passed down for generations
- My favorite color is pink. I wear it a lot more now since my grandmother passed away from breast cancer.
- I have eight nieces and nephews.
- I listen to every kind of music: rap, R&B, rock, country, hip hop, pop. You name it, I probably have it on my iPod.
- I played every position at one point in softball, except catcher because the gear didn't fit me.
- One of my traditions before I get in the batter's box is to draw a cross to remind myself why I'm here in the first place.
- I started off playing slowpitch and my mom had to literally force me out of the car to try out for a fastpitch team when I was eight.
- I had meningitis when I was two months old and didn't get out of the hospital until I was six months. I was told I wasn't going to live a normal life. So I thank God that he has given me all the opportunities I have had and allowing me to make it through that.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
20 Random Facts with Oklahoma Softball
Sept. 21: Krystle Huey | Sept. 28: Katie Norris | Oct. 5: Kirsten Allen | Oct. 12: Haley Nix | Oct. 19: Jessica Shults
Oct. 26: Lindsey Vandever | Nov. 2: Brianna Turang | Nov. 9: Evan Sallis | Nov. 16: Karolyne Long | Nov. 23: Chana'e Jones | Nov. 30: Wendy Trott | Dec. 7: Allee Allen | Dec. 14: Haley Anderson | Dec. 21: Drew Wright | Jan. 4: Dani Dobbs | Jan. 11: Michelle Gascoigne | Jan. 18: Keilani Ricketts | Jan. 25: Amber Flores