Every week during the fall season, SoonerSports.com will provide Sooner fans a candid look at the Oklahoma baseball team through individual question and answer sessions with each player. This week Freddy Rodriguez answers a variety of questions ranging from his most embarrassing moment to his favorite type of weather.
1. Most embarrassing moment? Kicking some random person in the butt. I thought it was my dad and they had the same shirt. The guy ended up giving me $20 because I was embarrassed and started to cry. I was five years old.
2. If you were stuck on a deserted island, what’s the one thing you would take with you? A radio
3. Why did you choose OU? They have a good baseball team and they show that they care about you.
4. Favorite place to hang out: The beach
5. Favorite beverage: Pepsi
6. What’s the one memory that stands out from your childhood? I ran away from kindergarten.
7. What is the best piece of advice that a coach gave you? Pump the pump
8. What sport would you be playing if you weren’t playing baseball? Bullriding
9. Tell me about your first baseball game as a kid. I was really nervous but did well.
10. What are your plans after college? To hopefully play for a Major League team.
11. When you played baseball as a kid, who did you pretend to be? My dad
12. I’d like to switch places for a day with ... Hugh Hefner.
13. The greatest lesson I have learned in athletics is ... Always hustle.
14. If I could go to any sporting event it would be ... A baseball game.
15. In the movie of your life, you plays you? Alex Rodriguez
16. CD on repeat: Rascal Flatts
17. Last person that called you: My brother
18. The best part of practice is ... Knowing you’re getting better every time you go out.
19. Favorite article of clothing to wear while relaxing at home: Shorts and t-shirt
20. Where is the best place for you to study? At the beach
21. Favorite type of weather: The spring time in Southern California
22. What can you not go without during the baseball season? Music
23. What musical artist puts you in a good mood? Usher
24. If you could be any superhero for one day, who would you be and why? Spider Man because he swings from building to building.
25. What’s on the walls of your room? Nothing right now I just moved in.