Sept. 24, 2010
|Oklahoma (10-3, 2-0 Big 12) at No. 10 Iowa State (9-2, 2-1 Big 12)|
|Date||Saturday, Sept. 25, 2010 | 2 p.m. CT|
|Location||Ames High School | Ames, Iowa|
|Tickets||Available: $8 adults | $5 youth|
|Online||Live Stats | Match Notes | Twitter|
A LOOK AT OKLAHOMA AS A TEAM
- Oklahoma's six-match winning streak is its longest since winning eight straight from No. 8-Dec. 2, 2006.
- Oklahoma is 8-48 against ranked opponents under Santiago Restrepo and 0-2 this season.
- The Sooners are 2-22 against top 10 teams under Restrepo. Both wins were against Texas (2008, 2006).
- Prior to 2004, OU had one win against a top 10 program - Nebraska, 1997. OU is 0-2 all-time against a ranked Iowa State team.
- OU defeated Texas Tech in four sets Wednesday evening. The Sooners hit .285 as a team.
- Oklahoma went 8-3 in non-conference play. Two of OU’s losses were to ranked Florida State and Tennessee teams.
- Oklahoma’s 13.16 kills per set and 12.18 assists per set are fifth-best in the Big 12 this season.
- The team’s .214 team hitting percentage and 14.62 digs per set are sixth-best in the conference.
- Oklahoma holds opponents to a .168 hitting percentage, fifth-best in the Big 12.
- The Sooners have recorded at least five blocks in 12 of the 13 matches played this season.
- Oklahoma is hitting .253 in conference matches and averaging 14.86 kills per set. The Sooners average 17.29 digs and 2.20 blocks per set.
A LOOK AT OKLAHOMA INDIVIDUALLY
- Junior Suzy Boulavsky leads OU with a 3.50 kills per set average, a mark that is seventh in the Big 12.
- Junior Brianne Barker is averaging 10.06 assists per set and 2.38 digs per set. Barker is third in the conference in assists per set.
- Senior Sarah Freudenrich’s .407 hitting percentage is second-best in the Big 12 and 25th best in the nation.
- Freshman Sallie McLaurin ranks ninth on that same list, hitting .315. McLaurin is 30th in the nation in blocks per set (1.26).
- Sophomore María Fernanda’s 4.40 digs per set ranks fourth among Big 12 players.
A LOOK AT IOWA STATE
- Iowa State is ranked No. 10 in the latest AVCA Division I Coaches poll. The Cyclones are 9-2 on the year and 2-1 in Big 12 play.
- Victoria Henson leads ISU and the Big 12 with 4.10 kills per set. Henson is hitting .295.
- As a team, Iowa State is hitting a league best .283 and is second with 14.36 kills per set.
- The Cyclones are hitting .241 in league games, while averaging 18.17 digs per set and 13.75 kills.
A LOOK AT THE SERIES HISTORY
- Oklahoma leads the all-time series with Iowa State 42-23 and holds a 16-13 advantage in matches played in Ames.
- The Sooners are 7-5 against the Cyclones under head coach Santiago Restrepo and 3-4 in Ames in that same span.
- Iowa State has a 6-4 mark against OU in the last 10 overall meetings and the last 10 meetings in Ames.
- OU hosts Nebraska next Wednesday at 7 p.m. The Sooners will welcome fans for the Year of the Fan promotion.
- The Sooners hit the road for two straight matches - at Baylor on Oct. 2 and at Kansas State on Oct. 6.