April 20, 2010
|#14 Oklahoma (32-10, 6-3 Big 12) at Baylor (24-17, 4-6 Big 12)|
|Game Information||Wednesday, April 21, 2010 | 5 & 7 p.m. CT | Live Stats|
|Location||Getterman Stadium | Waco, Texas|
|Tickets||Reserved: $7 | General Admission: $5|
|Radio||Internet Only (Game 1) | KREF 1400 AM (Game 2)|
|Online||Gameday Central | Game Notes | Twitter|
A LOOK AT OKLAHOMA
• Oklahoma is 192-64 (.752) all-time in Big 12 Conference games.
• The Sooners are 2-2 in conference road games this season.
• Of current Sooners, Chana’e Jones and Katie Norris have fared the best against Baylor, each hitting .400 against the Bears.
• Amber Flores leads OU with a .393 batting average. Flores is OU’s career home run leader (52) and five shy of tying the Big 12 career mark.
• She also leads the team in slugging percentage (.744) and on-base percentage (.547). She has drawn 24 walks and been hit by a pitch 17 times.
• Keilani Ricketts is the reigning Big 12 Pitcher of the Week. Ricketts struck out 15 on Saturday at Texas A&M.
• Ricketts’ 224 strikeouts this season are the seventh-most in a single season by an OU pitcher. She needs two more to move into sixth.
• Both Ricketts and Flores are top 25 finalists for USA Softball’s Collegiate Player of the Year.
• Brianna Turang leads the team with 20 stolen bases on the season.
• Lindsey Vandever is four walks shy of a single season best set in 2009.
• Vandever tied her career high with her ninth home run of the season in the second game of Thursday’s doubleheader.
• Jessica Shults holds the Oklahoma freshman record for home runs in a season (12).
• Wendy Trott hit her first home run of the season, a walk-off grand slam, during Thursday’s first game against Texas Tech.
A LOOK AT BAYLOR
• Nicole Wesley leads the Bears with a .406 batting average, one of the league’s best.
• As a team, Baylor hits .303 and steals 2.68 bases per game.
• With ace Whitney Canion out for the year, the Bears have relied on Courtney Repka in the circle. Repka has pitched 183.0 innings.
• Repka has thrown 17 complete games, four shutouts and has 123 strikeouts on the year.
• BU enters Wednesday’s doubleheader having split with Nebraska over the weekend. NU took game one 5-3 while the Bears won the second, 6-2.
A LOOK INTO THE SERIES HISTORY
• Oklahoma leads the series with Baylor, 38-8 and holds a 15-4 advantage in games played in Waco.
• Since the two schools have been members of the Big 12, Oklahoma has the edge 30-5 in games played.
• The two teams first met in the fall of 1979 and played each other 11 times prior to the 1990 season.
• Baylor took the first game of a doubleheader last year in Norman (5-0), while the Sooners won the second game 4-0.
• Oklahoma is 7-3 in the last 10 series meetings and the last 10 meetings in Waco.
• OU’s last loss in Waco game in the second game of a doubleheader on April 10, 2006 (5-1).
• The first game of the doubleheader is a free Internet only broadcast via Oklahoma All-Access.
• The second game will air on KREF 1400 AM with Brian Brinkley.
• The Sooners travel to Lincoln next weekend for a two-game series with Nebraska.
• Oklahoma host Oklahoma State in the final game of the Bedlam series on Wednesday at 7 p.m. CT.