March 26, 2001
NORMAN, Okla. - The 19th-ranked University of Oklahoma men's golf team is currently three strokes off the lead after posting a two-round score of 576 (E) at the Cleveland Golf Morris Williams Intercollegiate in Austin, Texas. Second-ranked Georgia Tech leads the 15-team field after posting a three-under 573.
OU placed three golfers in the top 14 after the first two rounds of action. OU junior Cody Freeman paced the Sooners, firing a first-round 67 and concluded the day with a total of 141 (-3) to tie for fifth place. Freeman is currently six shots off the lead held by Georgia Tech's Bryce Molder.
Sophomore Matt Cohn stayed under par after shooting rounds of 71 and 72 to tie for ninth and freshman Martin Flores is currently tied for 14th after carding an even-par 144. Sophomore John Kidwell and senior Kelsey Cline each posted scores of 150 to stand tied for 37th.
Final-round action will begin Tuesday morning at 8 a.m. at the Austin Country Club.
1. Georgia Tech281-292=573 (-3)
2. Oklahoma State290-284=574 (-2)
3. Oklahoma284-292=576 (E)
4. Texas290-287=577 (+1)
5. Pepperdine291-287=578 (+2)
6. UNLV293-290=583 (+7)
T7. Southern California298-290=588 (+12)
T7. New Mexico293-295=588 (+12)
9. SMU297-292=589 (+13)
10. Fresno State295-300=595 (+19)
11. North Florida299-297=596 (+20)
12. BYU304-295=599 (+23)
13. Texas A&M298-303=601 (+25)
14. TCU311-293=604 (+28)
15. Virginia305-303=608 (+32)
Top Five Individuals
1. Bryce Molder, Georgia Tech67-68=135 (-9)
2. Franklin Hatchett, SMU69-68=137 (-7)
3. Jason Allred, Pepperdine70-68=138 (-6)
4. Anders Hultman, Oklahoma State74-66=140 (-4)
T5. Nick Watney, Fresno State71-70=141 (-3)
T5. Cody Freeman, Oklahoma67-74=141 (-3)
Oklahoma Individual Scores
T5. Cody Freeman67-74=141 (-3)
T9. Matt Cohn71-72=143 (-1)
T14. Martin Flores71-73=144 (E)
T37. John Kidwell77-73=150 (+6)
T37. Kelsey Cline75-75=150 (+6)