May 5, 2010
|#12 Oklahoma (39-10) at North Texas (26-17)|
|Game Information||Thursday, May 6, 2010 | 6 p.m. CT | Live Stats|
|Location||Lovelace Stadium | Denton, Texas|
|Tickets||Adults: $5 | Youth: $2|
|Radio||KREF 1400 AM | Free audio|
|Online||Gameday Central | Game Notes | Twitter|
A LOOK AT OKLAHOMA
• Amber Flores leads OU with a .386 batting average. Flores is OU’s career home run leader (53) and four shy of tying the Big 12 career mark.
• She also leads the team in slugging percentage (.727) and on-base percentage (.557). She has drawn 33 walks and been hit by a pitch 19 times.
• Keilani Ricketts’ 251 strikeouts this season are the sixth-most in a single season by an OU pitcher. She needs eight more to move into fifth.
• Ricketts has 21 complete games and 10 shutouts this season. She averages nine strikeouts per seven innings.
• Ricketts was named the Big 12 Pitcher of the Week on Tuesday. It was her third honor this season.
• Both Ricketts and Flores are top 25 finalists for USA Softball’s Collegiate Player of the Year.
• Brianna Turang leads the team with 20 stolen bases on the season.
• Lindsey Vandever is four walks shy of a single season best set in 2009.
• Vandever hit her 10th home run of the season on April 21 at Baylor. The total is a new single-season best for Vandever.
• Jessica Shults holds the Oklahoma freshman record for home runs in a season (14).
• Shults has four home runs in conference play, three shy of a conference-best seven home runs.
• Wendy Trott hit her first home run of the season, a walk-off grand slam, during the first game against Texas Tech on April 15.
• Oklahoma’s pitching staff has a league-best 1.53 earned run average, a mark that is fifth best in the nation.
• Every OU pitcher has an ERA under 2.00 - Allee Allen (1.05), Ricketts (1.40), Kirsten Allen (1.66) and Michelle Gascoigne (1.98).
• Three Sooners have produced career-best hitting streaks in 2010 - Vandever (8), Trott (5) and Dani Dobbs (4).
• Oklahoma is seeking to reach the 40-win plateau for the 17th consecutive season, including every year of the Patty Gasso era.
• Ten Sooners have drawn double-digit walks this season, including five with 20 or more.
A LOOK AT NORTH TEXAS
• North Texas is 26-17 overall on the year and 12-9 in Sun Belt Conference play.
• The Mean Green is third in the Sun Belt standings behind Louisiana-Lafayette and Florida International.
• Mallory Cantler leads the team with a .371 batting average and a .458 on-base percentage.
• Lisa Johnson leads UNT in home runs with 10 and a .651 slugging percentage.
• Mean Green assistant coach Erin Evans was an All-American at Oklahoma.
THE LAST MEETING
• Oklahoma defeated North Texas 6-4 on March 10 at the OU Softball Complex.
• Vandever led OU, going 1-for-1 with five RBI. Vandever also drew two walks on the evening. Shults finished 2-for-3 with one run scored.
• Starting pitcher Gascoigne pitched 3.0 innings, giving up only one run on two hits and struck out two.
• Ricketts pitched 2.2 innings to get the win in relief, giving up one run on one hit. Ricketts struck out five batters.
A LOOK INTO THE SERIES HISTORY
• Oklahoma leads the all-time series with North Texas 18-0 and is 16-0 against the Mean Green under Gasso.
• The Sooners are 4-0 all-time in Denton. OU first played UNT in Denton during the 2005 season.
BROADCAST INFORMATION/UPCOMING SCHEDULE
• Thursday night’s game airs on KREF 1400 AM with Brian Brinkley calling the action. A free audio link is available at SoonerSports.com.
• The 2010 Big 12 Championship is scheduled for May 14-16 at ASA Hall of Fame Stadium in Oklahoma City.