|Oklahoma Game Notes|
• With the loss, Oklahoma moved to 9-2 in season openers under Stoops. In the history of the program, OU is 87-22-6 in season openers including 43-13-1 when opening the season away from Norman. The Sooners are also 5-5 in season openers vs. ranked opponents. Under Stoops, OU is now 37-11 vs. non-conference opponents, 17-12 on neutral fi elds and 33-13 against ranked opponenents.
• Sam Bradford became Oklahoma's all-time leading passer with his 96 yards Saturday, giving the junior a career total of 7,937 yards. Bradford eclipsed Jason White's previous record of 7,922 yards set from 1999-2004 when he completed an 18-yard pass to Brandon Caleb late in the first half. It was his last completion of the game.
• Bradford left the game in the second quarter after suffering a sprained AC joint. It marked just the second game that Bradford had to leave a game early due to the injury, the previous a 34-27 loss at Texas Tech in 2007.
• Redshirt-freshman Landry Jones saw his fi rst action as a Sooner when he replaced Bradford to begin the third quarter. Jones connected on his first completion, a 13-yard completion to Brandon Caleb. Jones fi nished the game 6-for-12 with 51 yards passing.
• The Oklahoma offense debuted its Wildcat formation for the fi rst time Saturday against BYU. The first play in the formation saw running back Chris Brown take a snap out of the shotgun and option off to wide receiver Ryan Broyles on the end around for a gain of five yards.
• Freshman punter Tress Way made his OU debut Saturday and finished with seven punts for 311 yards. Way had three punts over 50 yards with a long of 52 yards.
• Eight different Sooners made their Oklahoma debut Saturday night. The list is as follows: Jaydan Bird, DeMontre Hurst, Joseph Ibiloye, Jarvis Jones, Landry Jones, Ronnell Lewis, Marcus Trice and Tress Way.
• Travis Lewis opened the season with 13 tackles, his seventh double-digit tackle game of his career after recording six in 2008.
• Quinton Carter and Ryan Reynolds each had 10 tackles. It was the second time Carter had a double-digit tackle game in his career, and it was Reynolds' third career double-digit tackle game.
|By the Numbers|
75,437 - Saturday night's attendance, an OU record for a season opener away from Norman. The previous high was 62,778 in the 1983 road opener at Stanford.
35 - Jimmy Stevens was perfect on the night opening with a 35-yard fi eld goal in the second quarter and following with a 22-yarder in the fourth quarter.
21 - Ryan Reynolds second career interception in the first quarter resulted in a 21-yard return for the senior. Reynold's previous interception against Tulsa in 2007 resulted in a 12-yard return.
8 - Oklahoma made short work of their three scoring drives, with no drive lasting longer than eight plays.
4 - Four Sooners made their third career season-opening start Saturday. Brody Eldridge, Auston English, Gerald McCoy and Ryan Reynolds all accomplished the feat.
2 - True freshman Demontre Hurst made his Sooner debut Saturday night and responded with two tackles, both on the kickoff coverage unit.
-3 - Keenan Clayton made his second career interception and just like his first, in 2008 vs. Texas A&M, the senior linebacker returned the pick for a loss of three yards.