April 9, 2010
|#11 Oklahoma (29-9, 3-2 Big 12) at #21 Texas A&M (32-9, 4-2 Big 12)|
|Game Information|| Saturday, April 10, 2010 | 2 p.m. CT | Live Stats
Sunday, April 11, 2010 | Noon CT | Live Stats
|Location||Aggie Softball Complex | College Station, Texas|
|Tickets||Reserved: $10 | General Admission: $8|
|Radio||KREF 1400 AM | Internet Audio|
|Online||Gameday Central | Game Notes | Twitter|
A LOOK AT OKLAHOMA
• Oklahoma is 189-63 (.753) all-time in Big 12 Conference games.
• OU is 158-143 (.527) all-time against ranked opponents and 5-4 against the nation's 21st-ranked team.
• The Sooners are 23-6 against a ranked Texas A&M team. Prior to the 2010 season, the two teams last met as ranked opponents in 2008.
• Amber Flores leads OU with a .406 batting average. Flores recently became Oklahoma's career home run leader.
• She also leads the team in slugging percentage (.762) and on-base percentage (.567). She has drawn 23 walks and 16 hit by pitches.
• Flores leads the Big 12 with 43 runs scored in all games played and needs six home runs to tie the Big 12 career record.
• In Big 12 Conference games, Flores is hitting .533 (8-for-15) with a 1.133 slugging percentage and .632 on-base percentage.
• Brianna Turang leads the team in stolen bases with 16 on the year. As a team, OU is 47-for-56 in stolen base attempts.
• Lindsey Vandever is six walks shy of a season-best set in 2009 (28).
• Jessica Shults has 48 runs batted in on the year. Shults is hitting .327 with a team-best 12 home runs.
• Shults holds the Oklahoma freshman record for home runs in a season.
• Keilani Ricketts carries the OU pitching staff with an 18-8 record and 1.38 earned run average.
• Ricketts has issued 51 walks while striking out 187 in 147.1 innings pitched. She has 16 complete games, seven shutouts and two saves.
• She has 187 strikeouts on the season, the ninth-most in a single year by an Oklahoma pitcher.
• Oklahoma's pitching staff holds opponents to a .191 batting average. Ricketts leads the way with a .158.
• Nine Sooners have driven in double-digit runners this season. After Shults' 48, Haley Nix has 25 and Vandever and Flores have 24.
A LOOK AT TEXAS A&M
• Freshman Meagan May leads A&M with a .412 batting average (49-for-119). May is the Big 12 leader in runs batted in with 53.
• May has 17 home runs on the year with an astounding .966 slugging percentage. With 33 walks, she has a .545 on-base percentage.
• Rebecca Arbino has seen the majority of innings in the circle for the Aggies. Arbino has a 1.93 earned run average in 152.1 innings pitched.
• Texas A&M is 19-4 at home this season and has won 85 percent of its home games over the past five years.
A LOOK INTO THE SERIES HISTORY
• Oklahoma leads the all-time series with Texas A&M, 37-28, but the Aggies hold an 11-8 margin in games played in College Station.
• OU is 29-11 against the Aggies under head coach Patty Gasso and 9-6 in College Station during that same span.
4 In the series' last five road games, Oklahoma has just one win. The Sooners last won in College Station on April 8, 2006.
• In the last 10 games in College Station, the series is split even 5-5.
• This weekend's games can be heard on KREF 1400 AM with Brian Brinkley calling the action.
• OU returns to Norman for a doubleheader with Texas Tech on Thursday beginning at 5 p.m. CT.
• The Sooners take on Texas next weekend. Oklahoma welcomes back softball alumni and will honor the 2000 National Championship team.