Every week during the fall season, SoonerSports.com will provide Sooner fans a candid look at the Oklahoma baseball team through individual question and answer sessions with each player. This week Daniel McCutchen answers a variety of questions ranging from his favorite type of cake to his phobias.
1. Where’s your favorite place to visit? The Rockies
2. If you could invite any three people (dead or alive) to dinner, who would they be? Brooke Burke, King Solomon and Goliath
3. What would be the first thing you would purchase if you won the lottery? 2005 BMW MS
4. Favorite magazine: Sports Illustrated
5. What CD is in your stereo right now? N’Sync vs. Backstreet Boys 2000
6. What was your favorite baseball team when you were younger? Chicago White Sox
7. If you weren’t a pitcher, what position would you like to play? Shortstop
8. What do you like in your cereal bowl? Golden Grahams
9. Do you have any superstitions and what are they? I shine my shoes before every game.
10. Favorite former OU baseball player: Ryan Minor
11. What have you always wanted to do but were never able? Go scuba diving with sharks
12. Ultimate SportsCenter highlight: This summer I went 9-for-9 in a two game softball tournament. I also made some great plays in the field.
13. I started playing baseball at age ... 9
14. My craziest ambition: To have two sets of twins (all boys) that are one year apart and that dominate high school sports.
15. People would be surprised to know ... I am the fastest white man alive.
16. My personal on-the-field description: Max-effort
17. Dancing style: Loco
18. What do you feel is your role on the team? To help the Sooners win every time I step on the mound.
19. Favorite type of cake: Cherry Cheese Cake
20. If you could live in another country, which country would you choose? I’ll just stay in America.
21. Favorite way to eat an Oreo: Spoon, milk, bowl
22. When do you find time to do your homework? Late at night
23. What is your favorite candy bar? Twix
24. If you could trade places with anyone for a day, who would you choose? Whoever is Brooke Burke’s husband.
25. Do you have any phobias? Deep, dark water