April 30, 2010
|Kansas (19-30, 1-13 Big 12) at #12 Oklahoma (37-10, 11-3 Big 12)|
|Game Information||Saturday, May 1, 2010 | 2 p.m. CT | Live Stats
Sunday, May 2, 2010 | Noon CT | Live Stats
|Location||OU Softball Complex | Norman, Okla.|
|Tickets||Reserved: $10 | General Admission: $8 (adults)|
|Promotions|| Breast Cancer Awareness Day (Saturday)
First Responders Day/Trading Cards (Sunday)
|Online||Gameday Central | Game Notes | Twitter|
A LOOK AT OKLAHOMA
• Oklahoma is 197-64 (.752) all-time in Big 12 Conference games.
• Amber Flores leads OU with a .388 batting average. Flores is OU’s career home run leader (53) and four shy of tying the Big 12 career mark.
• She also leads the team in slugging percentage (.736) and on-base percentage (.548). She has drawn 28 walks and been hit by a pitch 19 times.
• Keilani Ricketts’ 242 strikeouts this season are the sixth-most in a single season by an OU pitcher. She needs 17 more to move into fifth.
• Ricketts has 20 complete games and nine shutouts this season. She averages nine strikeouts per seven innings.
• Both Ricketts and Flores are top 25 finalists for USA Softball’s Collegiate Player of the Year.
• Brianna Turang leads the team with 20 stolen bases on the season.
• Lindsey Vandever is four walks shy of a single season best set in 2009.
• Vandever hit her 10th home run of the season on April 21 at Baylor. The total is a new single-season best for Vandever.
• Jessica Shults holds the Oklahoma freshman record for home runs in a season (14).
• Shults has four home runs in conference play, two shy of a conference-best five home runs.
• Wendy Trott hit her first home run of the season, a walk-off grand slam, during the first game against Texas Tech on April 15.
• Oklahoma’s pitching staff has a league-best 1.59 earned run average, a mark that is 10th best in the nation.
A LOOK AT KANSAS
• The Jayhawks have just one win in conference play, a 2-1 decision at Baylor on April 11.
• Rosie Hull leads the team with a .375 batting average. Brittany Hile (25) and Mariah Montgomery (24) lead the team in runs batted in.
• Allie Clark and Sarah Vertelka have seen the majority of innings in the circle for KU.
• Clark has a 3.82 earned run average in 119.0 innings pitched, while Vertekla has a 5.01 ERA in 116.0 innings pitched.
• Megan Smith is in her first season at the Jayhawks head coach.
A LOOK INTO THE SERIES HISTORY
• Oklahoma leads the all-time series with Kansas 46-40 and is 22-12 in games played in Norman.
• The Sooners are 34-10 against the Jayhawks under head coach Patty Gasso and 18-1 in Norman during that same span.
• Kansas has not won in Norman since April 16, 1995 (3-2). Oklahoma has won 15 straight in Norman.
• Oklahoma is 4-1 against KU in the last five meetings and 7-3 in the last 10.
• The two teams split the series last year with OU winning the first 8-0 (6) and falling 4-2 in the second.
• Saturday is Breast Cancer Awareness Day. The Sooners will wear pink uniforms and helmets.
• Fans Super Saturday receive $4 admission with their ticket.
• Fans can also receive free tickets to Saturday’s game by riding CART. For more information, visit cart.ou.edu.
• Sunday is First Responders Day and a bomb detonating robot will throw out the first pitch.
• The annual trading cards will be available Sunday to the first 1,000 fans.
• The Sooners travel to Denton, Texas on May 6 for the final game of the regular season at North Texas.
• The 2010 Big 12 Championship is scheduled for May 14-16 at ASA Hall of Fame Stadium in Oklahoma City.