April 23, 2010
|#14 Oklahoma (34-10, 8-3 Big 12) at Nebraska (27-20, 6-6 Big 12)|
|Game Information|| Saturday, April 24, 2010 | 2 p.m. CT | Live Stats
Sunday, April 25, 2010 | Noon CT | Live Stats
|Location||Bowlin Stadium | Lincoln, Neb.|
|Tickets||Reserved: $7 | General Admission: $5|
|Online||Gameday Central | Game Notes | Twitter|
A LOOK AT OKLAHOMA
• Oklahoma is 194-64 (.752) all-time in Big 12 Conference games.
• The Sooners are 6-1 in conference road games this season.
• Amber Flores leads OU with a .390 batting average. Flores is OU’s career home run leader (52) and five shy of tying the Big 12 career mark.
• She also leads the team in slugging percentage (.732) and on-base percentage (.545). She has drawn 25 walks and been hit by a pitch 18 times.
• Keilani Ricketts’ 229 strikeouts this season are the sixth-most in a single season by an OU pitcher. She needs 30 more to move into fifth.
• Both Ricketts and Flores are top 25 finalists for USA Softball’s Collegiate Player of the Year.
• Brianna Turang leads the team with 20 stolen bases on the season.
• Lindsey Vandever is four walks shy of a single season best set in 2009.
• Vandever hit her 10th home run of the season on Wednesday at Baylor. The total is a new single-season best for Vandever.
• Jessica Shults holds the Oklahoma freshman record for home runs in a season (13).
• Shults has three home runs in conference play, two shy of a conference-best five home runs.
• Wendy Trott hit her first home run of the season, a walk-off grand slam, during the first game against Texas Tech.
• Oklahoma has three players producing a slugging percentage of .700 or better - Flores, Vandever and Shults.
• Oklahoma swept Baylor (6-0, 3-1) in Waco on Wednesday evening.
• In the first game, Ricketts threw her 18th complete game of the season, allowing two hits and walking three. Ricketts struck out five.
• In the second game, Michelle Gascoigne retired 18 straight batters after giving up a leadoff single in the first inning.
• Gascoigne threw her third complete game. She allowed three hits and one walk and struck out seven.
A LOOK AT NEBRASKA
• Ashley Guile leads the team at the plate this year with a .383 batting average. Guile has drawn 26 walks for a .512 on-base percentage.
• Robin Mackin and Ashley Hagemann has seen almost equal time in the circle this year.
• Mackin has a 2.34 earned run average in 137.1 innings pitched with 150 strikeouts and 77 walks.
• Hagemann has a 3.21 ERA in 139.2 innings pitched with 169 strikeouts and 59 walks.
• Heidi Foland (12) and Brooke Thomason (10) are the Huskers’ home run leaders.
• Nebraska rallied for an 8-5 against Kansas on Thursday evening in Lincoln.
A LOOK INTO THE SERIES HISTORY
• Nebraska leads the all-time series, 41-35 and has an 11-7 advantage in games played in Lincoln.
• Oklahoma has won two straight in the series both coming during the 2009 meeting in Norman.
• The Sooners took the first game 3-2 in eight innings and won the second by an identical score of 3-2 in regulation.
• The Sooners are 6-4 in the last 10 meetings against the Huskers. Nebraska holds the same record in the last 10 games played in Lincoln.
• Oklahoma host Oklahoma State in the final game of the Bedlam series on Wednesday at 7 p.m. CT.
• The Bedlam Series finale airs statewide on the Sooner Sports Network on both radio and television.
• The Sooners close out conference play with a two-game series against Kansas May 1-2 in Norman.