Dec. 14, 2009
As the 2010 softball season approaches, SoonerSports.com introduces a new weekly feature entitled 20 Random Facts with the Oklahoma softball team. Get to know the players through their own words. Which Sooner owns a dachshund named Wubbie? And can you guess which freshman put too much detergent in the washing machine during her first attempt at on-campus laundry? Check back every Monday for a new segment. It all leads up to the start of the Sooners' run at another Big 12 Championship this February.
- I am a fraternal twin. I was almost born the next day because I was turned the wrong way and almost didn't make it.
- I'm obsessed with Marilyn Monroe.
- I'm Scottish, Irish, and Cherokee
- I'm the baby of five.
- I'm the first person in both sides of my family to play a collegiate sport.
- I've always wanted a set of drums since I was six.
- I absolutely hate the winter.
- God is my No.1 in life.
- My parents are my heroes. I look up to them more than anyone.
- My Uncle Butch taught me how to play softball. He passed away a week before I played my first game as a Sooner.
- I’m horrible at math.
- I've always wanted to go to Fiji.
- I absolutely love scary movies.
- I love Chinese food.
- I have the worst memory ever.
- I’ve been an aunt since I was seven.
- My dad use to have to hold my hand and walk me out to my position in t-ball because I never remembered where each position was.
- I love the beach.
- I want to live in Colorado when I’m older.
- I want to own my own gym some day.
20 Random Facts with Oklahoma Softball
Sept. 21: Krystle Huey | Sept. 28: Katie Norris | Oct. 5: Kirsten Allen | Oct. 12: Haley Nix | Oct. 19: Jessica Shults | Oct. 26: Lindsey Vandever | Nov. 2: Brianna Turang | Nov. 9: Evan Sallis | Nov. 16: Chana'e Jones | Nov. 23: Karolyne Long | Nov. 30: Wendy Trott | Dec. 7: Allee Allen | Dec. 14: Haley Anderson | Jan. 4: Dani Dobbs | Jan. 11: Michelle Gascoigne | Jan. 18: Keilani Ricketts | Jan. 25: Amber Flores