Sept. 28, 2010
|No. 3 Nebraska (12-1, 4-0 Big 12) at Oklahoma (10-4, 2-1 Big 12)|
|Date||Wednesday, Sept. 29, 2010 | 7 p.m. CT|
|Location||McCasland Field House | Norman, Okla.|
|Tickets||Available: $8 adults | $5 youth|
|Online||Webcast | Match Notes | Twitter|
|Promotions||Year of the Fan Night | Suzy's Thank You|
A LOOK AT OKLAHOMA AS A TEAM
- Oklahoma's six-match winning streak, its longest since winning eight straight from Nov. 8-Dec. 2, 2006, was snapped Saturday.
- The Sooners fell in straight sets (-13, -19, -23) at No. 10 Iowa State.
- Oklahoma is 8-49 against ranked opponents under Santiago Restrepo and 0-3 this season.
- The Sooners are 2-23 against top 10 teams under Restrepo. Both wins were against Texas (2008, 2006).
- Prior to 2004, OU had one win against a top 10 program - Nebraska, 1997.
- Oklahoma went 8-3 in non-conference play. Two of OU’s losses were to ranked Florida State and Tennessee teams.
- Oklahoma’s 13.09 kills per set and 12.13 assists per set are fifth-best in the Big 12 this season.
- The team’s .212 team hitting percentage and 14.72 digs per set are sixth-best in the conference.
- Oklahoma holds opponents to a .178 hitting percentage, seventh-best in the Big 12.
- The Sooners have recorded at least five blocks in 12 of the 14 matches played this season.
- Oklahoma is hitting .230 in conference matches and averaging 14.00 kills per set. The Sooners average 17.00 digs and 2.00 blocks per set.
A LOOK AT OKLAHOMA INDIVIDUALLY
- Junior Suzy Boulavsky leads OU with a 3.49 kills per set average, a mark that is seventh in the Big 12.
- Junior Brianne Barker is averaging 9.98 assists per set and 2.42 digs per set. Barker is third in the conference in assists per set.
- Senior Sarah Freudenrich’s .404 hitting percentage is second-best in the Big 12 and 21st best in the nation.
- Freshman Sallie McLaurin ranks seventh on that same list, hitting .325. McLaurin is 55th in the nation in blocks per set (1.22).
- Sophomore María Fernanda’s 4.34 digs per set ranks fifth among Big 12 players.
A LOOK AT NEBRASKA
- Nebraska is ranked No. 3 in the latest AVCA Division I Coaches poll. The Huskers are 12-1 on the year and 4-0 in Big 12 play.
- Lindsey Licht leads NU with 3.00 kills per set and is hitting .309.
- As a team, Nebraska is hitting .273, second best in the Big 12, and averages a league-best14.94 kills per set.
- Nebraska ranks in the top two in six statistical categories and is tops in opponent hitting percentage, assists, kills and blocks.
- The Huskers are hitting .250 in league games, while averaging 16.57 digs per set and 15.57 kills.
A LOOK AT THE SERIES HISTORY
- Nebraska leads the all-time series 72-6 and is 28-3 in matches played in Norman.
- Oklahoma has lost 25 straight to Nebraska. Oklahoma’s last win against the Huskers was on Oct. 10, 1997 (3-0 in Norman).
- The Sooners hit the road for two straight matches - at Baylor on Oct. 2 and at Kansas State on Oct. 6.