OU Falls in Big 12 First Round
OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — Texas Tech's Brittany Brewer scored a career-high 40 points and grabbed 15 rebounds, Zuri Sanders added 25 points, and No. 9 seed Texas Tech beat No. 8 seed Oklahoma 104-84 in the first round of the Big 12 tournament on Friday night.
The Red Raiders (14-16) will face No. 1 seed and top-ranked Baylor in the quarterfinals on Saturday.
Texas Tech closed the third quarter on a 12-2 burst and opened the fourth quarter with a 16-6 run to turn a one-point lead into a 91-70 advantage with 4:42 left in the game.
Chrislyn Carr had 16 points, seven rebounds and eight assists for the Red Raiders, who shot 38 for 64 (59 percent) from the field. Brewer made 16 of 23 shots, including 3 of 5 from 3-point range.
Ana Llanusa had 20 points, Madi Williams and Taylor Robertson added 19 points each, and Jessi Murcer scored 10 for the Sooners (8-22).
- Taylor Robertson's five made 3-pointers tied a OU Big 12 Tournament record. She is the first Sooner to make five 3-pointers in a Big 12 Tournament game since Erin Higgins in 2006 against Baylor.
- Oklahoma's 84 points are tied for the fourth-most scored in a Big 12 Tournament game in program history.
- The Sooners finished with 24 assists, their third-most ever in a Big 12 Tournament contest.
- Ana Llanusa scored 20-plus points for the 10th time this season. The sophomore finished with a 18.3 scoring average, the 11th-best mark in school history.
- Robertson's 105 3-pointers this year rank as the second-most made by a Sooner in a single season. She finishes the year with the OU freshman record for 3-pointers made. She is the first player to lead the Big 12 in 3-pointers per game and 3-point field goal percentage since 1998.
- Robertson's 429 points this season ranks seven all-time among OU freshmen.
- Madi Williams' 19 points were her most against a Big 12 opponent this season. Williams finished with 241 rebounds this season, which is tied for fifth on OU's freshmen records list.
- OU's .366 3-point field goal percentage this season is tied for the third-best clip in school history.
- The Sooners are 25-19 all-time at the Big 12 Championship and are 1-1 against Texas Tech.