|No. 14 Iowa State at No. 25 Oklahoma | Sunday, Jan. 5 | 1 p.m. CT|
|Television|| Sooner Sports TV
FS Oklahoma | FCS Central
Chad McKee & Dan Hughes
|Radio|| KOKC 1520 AM/KREF 1400 AM
Brian Brinkley & Colton Coale
|Webcast|| SoonerSports.tv (replay)
|Buy Tickets||OU Athletics Ticket Office | 1-800-456-4668|
|Live Stats|| SoonerSports.com
|Pregame Info||Game Notes (PDF)|
Oklahoma will host a postgame autograph session on the upper concourse following Sunday's game.
• Oklahoma opened Big 12 play with a victory on the road for the first time since the 2008-09 season, beating Texas Tech 68-38 in Lubbock on Jan. 2.
• Sooners Sharane Campbell, Aaryn Ellenberg and Nicole Griffin are nearing career scoring benchmarks. Ellenberg, a senior, is 16 points shy of becoming Oklahoma’s sixth 2,000-point scorer. Griffin, a senior, and Campbell, a junior, are 76 and 166 points, respectively, from reaching 1,000.
• Oklahoma was voted the Big 12’s preseason favorite, earning five of 10 first-place votes by coaches. Aaryn Ellenberg was named to the Preseason All-Big 12 Team and is on watch lists for the Wade, Wooden and Naismith Awards.
• Oklahoma finished as the Preseason WNIT runner-up for the third straight time in four tournament appearances, falling to No. 5 Louisville 97-92 in OT.
• Senior Aaryn Ellenberg suffered a knee strain early in OU’s win over Maryland Eastern Shore (Dec. 15). Senior Morgan Hook suffered an ankle sprain late in OU’s win over Gonzaga on Nov. 17. Hook suffered a dislocated thumb (right hand) and missed the first exhibition game. Redshirt freshman Maddie Manning’s season ended a second-consecutive year with a torn ACL (left knee).
• The Sooners advanced to their 10th NCAA Regional Semifinal game, and sixth in the last eight seasons, with a 78-73 first-round win over Central Michigan and 85-72 second-round win over UCLA. OU competed in its 16th NCAA Tournament, and 14th consecutive, the nation’s seventh longest active streak and 13th longest in history. Oklahoma was a No. 6 seed for the third consecutive year. OU suffered season-ending injuries to four players, including three starters before conference play began in 2012-13. OU added two volleyball players to its roster at mid-semester. Still the Sooners advanced to their 10th Sweet 16 Appearance in program history, the ninth under Sherri Coale.
|Projected Starting Lineups|
5-10 | SR | Lowell, Ark.
5-8 | JR | Euless, Texas
5-7 | SR | Las Vegas, Nev.
5-8 | FR | Mason City, Iowa
5-9 | FR | Midwest City, Okla.
5-10 | FR | Brooklyn Park, Minn.
5-10 | JR | Spencer, Okla.
5-11 | JR | Kansas City, Mo.
6-6 | SR | Milwaukee, Wis.
6-3 | SR | Hamlin, Iowa